Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally considered my viper broke in enough with about 350 miles on it to pin it for a second. i hit 112 pretty damn fast and left a coupla xcr's and an mxz in the dust:) before I let go and cruised to the end of the lake. what have you guys done with yours so far??? by the way mine is totally stock so far.
imp

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is pretty impressive; however, I have been beating vipers all season long on my MXZ (it must just be unusually fast).

·
Registered
2 Posts
111 on the speedo with lots left. Can easily hit 100mph on the trails(fields). The other brands are always in the way in the tight twisties.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Was that MXZ a 380 or a 500
When the XCR put the third plug wire back on how did you make out??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats ok. if youre ever in central maine i shall put ya to the test too heheheheheh and it was a mxz 700 just for the record. the xcr's probably just got yeller hahahha

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I could see a stock viper having a serious chance with a mxz 700.  But against a XCR!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Talked to a guy with a viper at houghton lake in Mi that had hauck pipes and clutching and what not.
He had a GPS on it and said speedo wasn't really accurate.
he said 137 on viper speedo was only 117 on GPS(GPS doesn't lie) sorry vipers owners sounds like yamaha wants you too think you're going fast
I thouht I heard the viper speedos the best thing sled since the invention of the wheel too... hehehehe
josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speedo gives you track speed, GPS gives you actual movement speed get that thing to hook up and youll see your speedo readings come closer to GPS readings. On hard pack, 32F, stock jetting, 144 woodys I lined up (viper) with 2-SRXs, 1-EDGE, 1- piped & clutched ZR700, 3- ZR800s, 1- clutched ZRT600 and an MXZ 800 I pulled every sled there out of the hole at 96mph the 2 srxs reeled me in at 120mph my viper had no more legs the only other sled that was close was the MXZ at 3-4 sled lengths. For a sled built to tear up the trails the single pipe triple definetly holds its own on the lake. In the twisties the viper is amazing, I consistently ride with the ZR800s they are good but they dont handle as well as the viper. We are not weekend warriors we all ride hard and are very capable riders. In my opinion anyone that bought a viper bought one #### of a great sled, you can pound it, run it, flat out abuse it and it will keep coming. The faster you ride it in the rough stuff the better it performs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
From what I heard they are the worst riding sleds on the market and they get beat on a regular basis by 600 twins from Doo and Polaris.As far as I am concerned they are some of the ugliest sleds next to the RX1ton.Just my opinion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
108 consistenly on stalker gun with my viper. mxz 800...104 with a clutch kit? no studs on either sled and he had me outta the hole but no on top. has anybody installed the hyper viper kit in their sled yet???

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont think the vipers are that ugly but hey looking good does'nt make you go faster just makes you look good! Those guys getting beat by 600 twins obviously havent got a clue what a throttle is, read my previous post, in respects to hp the 600 twins are running pretty close to me but there is no way in goods green earth a 600 twin is going to run with those sleds mentioned and it definetly is not going to run with a viper. This is not my opinion these are facts I ride with these sleds, A 600 twin will absolutely, posatively be losing a battle with me as does alot of the 800s period. All the HP in the world will do you no good if you cannot get it to the ground and nobody does that better than yamaha...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Viper is the biggest joke in sledding history I have seen them beat on a regular basis around here as far as the viper puting power to the ground better then the rest,get a life,Yamaha has always been the worst in the market for weight transfer and It don't matter how well it is hooked up at top speed your track is not spinning 15 to 20 mph than ground speed.A friend just bought a 600 prox and he has beat many vipers and all his sled as in it is clutching and studs so take your Garden snake and use it as a boat anchor because that is all it is good for.Oh yea I forgot to mention that the viper is the ugliest thing on snow second to the rx nothing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RUNNER, Either you bought a viper and where totally disapointed or you are getting spanked by one all the time because i dont understand why you are so bitter about them. I cannot be convinced otherwise by the facts I have posted, like I said I ride with all these sleds and we are all veteran, capable riders and results are results period. As far as hooking up yamaha does that the best, A race is won largely by the hole shot, ski lift slows you down, my viper launchs with skis planted. Now you throw a properly tuned clutch kit in the mix like your buds 600 and you have changed the rules, but I would not be hesitant at all to run my viper against a clutched 600. If you ride in N.Y. I'll be at Tug Hill on fri,sat not sure where we are staying yet I will post here when I have confirmed reservations.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Viper is the biggest joke in sledding history I have seen them beat on a regular basis around here as far as the viper puting power to the ground better then the rest,get a life,Yamaha has always been the worst in the market for weight transfer and It don't matter how well it is hooked up at top speed your track is not spinning 15 to 20 mph than ground speed.A friend just bought a 600 prox and he has beat many vipers and all his sled as in it is clutching and studs so take your Garden snake and use it as a boat anchor because that is all it is good for.Oh yea I forgot to mention that the viper is the ugliest thing on snow second to the rx nothing.
[/b]
WOW. Do I detect a little hostility here?

·
Registered
568 Posts
[/b]
Slow?, Ugly?, I think it is fair to say "Smoke another one there buddy"

You dont win sled of the year by being ugly and slow, not to mention still being in production for 4 years.

Hostility for sure, but Im not expecting an argument from RUNNER, as he hasnt been on this site since October 27 2002, so everyone can save their breath.

·
Registered
170 Posts
SWRules My '02 viper hit 111 on a 31 degree day on lake memphremagog in newport vermont bonestock and was tested by radar at the annual radar runs i ran 109 1st run and 111 both 2nd and 3rd runs. this year i have bender pipes on so im guessin ill be rite in the 120-130's with ease SWRules

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
04 viper s,totally stock,no studs,i hit 119 mph on the dream meter.I have since ditched the 1.25 track for a 1" track i hope to pick up a few more mph.My sled over revs bad too,im hitting like 8900 rpm at wot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts