Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering, who likes to go fast, and who does
not so much 1000' or 1/4 mile but when your sled totally unwinds how fast, also should be radar or GPS. unit.  ALL stock speedos suck  
especially cats
 Also if your stock or otherwise,,  I have gone 115.2 on stock zrt800,, 4100 miles, with reverse

·
Registered
307 Posts
Have gone 125 mph on a 99 zrt800, v-force reeds.  This was checked on a speedcheck radar detector, the day i did that i was jumping all over with speed it would read 112 then, 108, then back up to 125, not sure what was going on you figure it out.  I don't run resistor plugs so that might be the problem.
Also the day i did that a Xcr 800 did 118 and a XC 500 did 102, i was mostly impressed with the 500.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Had my 02 ZR 800 up to the M in mph on the speedo.  Seconds after got clocked by the town cop at 71 as I came off the throttle.  Plenty of throttle left.  Cop was nice and let me go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had my speedo buried on my ZR800EFI CC just last weekend on a lake. Too bad the speedo only goes to 100mph. The needle wanted to keep going!  

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have a stock ZRT600 with a 136 1.5 track and I have gone 9.03 seconds flat in the 1320 and continued on to a top speed of 148.5 Miles per hour. I also have 3,000 miles of private snowmobile trails for sale here. LOL  

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey zert mnt cat,I think you had better get a new radar gun,or you are dreaming .
There is no way a stock zrt 6oo long track will go 148.5 mph,and I'm sure all you tcat and zrt 800 owners will agree with me on that.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SNORAT @ Jan. 28 2002, 5:02pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey zert mnt cat,I think you had better get a new radar gun,or you are dreaming .
There is no way a stock zrt 6oo long track will go 148.5 mph,and I'm sure all you tcat and zrt 800 owners will agree with me on that.[/b][/quote]
he was kidding

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Fastest I have had on radar was just under 100mph.  That was in 1000' w/no studs and all stock aside from a clutch and gear kit.  Hard pack the speedo has been between arctic and cat(guessing probably around 105mph actual speed)  When I get back I will have to see what I get on radar now that I have studs and a few other mods done.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I got mine around the speedo, past 100 and back to the "M" in MPH.  Haven't radared it.  Have no idea how accurate.  Hade a little left though...

·
Registered
203 Posts
127 mph on a 1997 T-Cat, a little throttle left but had to use about 700 ft of the lake for shutdown, and I used every bit of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PSI makes an aftermarket speedometer that goes to 130mph never came close and speed was very accurate according to radar.maybe 115 out of mildly ported and piped 600 triple

·
Registered
51 Posts
got it up to 30,  

·
Registered
362 Posts
160 on my 87 suzuki GSXR1100.  Sold it a few weeks later.  I don't have enought sense to have something that fast on 2 wheels.......  at least I can admit it...haha..

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm not sure about the PSI aftermarket speedo, but i know that Black Magic makes ont to 130mph, it looks exactly like the OEM cat speedo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had my 2002 ZL 800efi SS up to 116 MPH on radar with my Girlfriend on with me. I also have reverse and the sled had about 150miles or so on it at the time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ive gone 160 k/ph on lake with a fully supped up SRX.  It had everything done to it.  I wasn't even floored.
it has alot of studs also

1 - 20 of 76 Posts