Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out this weekend sledding and I brought my GPS along to record speeds for me. I know when conditions vary so does your speed but on the lake with a decent base (hard pack and a little loose stuff) I barried my needle past the m on mph on my 02ZR800. To my suprise that is only 105 mph so this is for the guys who dont have GPS.......you not going as fast as you think

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Yeah, its kind of a drag, when you stop and look at the GPS, which says alot slower than your speedo.  Still not sure if its the speedo, of if the track was just going faster than the sled actually is.

But I had 180 on the speedo, and 164 on the GPS.  Kilometers that is.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
My speedo on my sled is only off about 3-5 MPH @ 100 MPH. Some vary more than others.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Cats speedos seem to be a little farther of than Doos.After riding with my Cat buddies,they always have more miles on than me at the end of the day.That will make a diff. on speedo speed.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Me and my buddy can run Ski to ski to check the speedos to see how close they are to each other and My Cat is always 3-4 mph faster

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Everybody knows about Cat's rubber band speedometers.....how do you think every single one of their sleds can hit 100mph? Watch those fan's....they're screamers!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
LOL Rocketman!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know how the new ones are, but Polaris used to be real bad, a 500efi doing over 110mph!
I have checked a couple of Doos with radar guns and they seem to be close (radar 103mph vs speedo 105).  A few years ago my 580 actually read less than the speedo!  Figure that one out.  Maybe it was operator error.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts