Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about what the top speed of my stock 670 should be? I think, no radar, I get about 95 mph.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds about right, you might see 100mph on the ice with a good run[/b]
without clutching... is there any way to add mph? 10 or so?

·
Registered
430 Posts
10mph?!
You will need a handfull of cash and a whole lot of extra ponies.
Breaking that 100mph mark is tough with an older sled. It's even tough with new sleds.
Just clutch it and be happy with what you have or by more cc's..

·
Registered
90 Posts
if all that you care about is top end you may be able to gear it up. caution this may destroy the launch and trailability. drag racers tend to run a lot of gear and comphensate with clutching , light weight and horsepower. i rather enjoy blasting across the lake and am thinking of taking this approach myself. gears are relatively cheap and can be changed back if they dont work out.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I used to do quite a bit of radar running with my bone stock 97 MXZ 670...I never got to run it in nice cold conditions but the best I ever got was 102.7 mph in about 1000 ft..My nephew had a 98 formula Z and it was just as fast as mine if not a hair faster..His had the ARC suspension and I think there is less rolling resistance with that setup...95ish is probably normal for running on a snow covered lake as the snow will really slow you down.....As for the SLS they used to run in the low 80s on glare ice...No way your going to see over 100mph in stock form.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have the same seld i got 102 on the gps once i must say most runs are around 91 to 94 i just did a top end .20 over and some some little things still in the break in put 20 miles on last night doNT HAVE THE SNOW OR TRAILS DOWN HERE LIKE SOME OF U GUYS HAVE but if your getting 90 that sounds good cant hit 100 in very many spots safe most of our hard rideing is in the 70s or 80s if u want 100 you must have good ice and sharp picks and some room good luck

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
100-105mph

I could see the SLS hitting 95 in perfect condition(plowed track 2000+feet)

I have gotten 99.7mph with my 583 radar

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I have seen radared 109 mph on my 1998 MXz670 in the 1000 with the front suspension tied down, the limiter strap pulled in, the ski loops removed and the openings taped shut. Was pretty hairy without studs

·
Registered
83 Posts
YA, thinking back, maybe it was 96MPH, not 106. For some reason the 6 stands out in my mind. It was 8 years ago, glare ice, dusting of snow for lube, perfect conditions, 3/4-1 mile run. I do know that in 2001 it was faster than any production 600 at our grass drags. Got the stock class 500 and 600 trophy's to prove it :D 97, they lost like 10HP or so :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I think you guys are right.... the best way to increase speed, increase HP, so I bought a 2005 MACH Z 1000... Yup its faster now!!!! w00t

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine topped out around 100mph or something in the like, i can barely handle that speed, but if you got the money for it, just get some nice pipes, a racing clutch or bigger carbs, it can be delicate work and not to mention, the price....but you should be able to get going pretty fast, i remember my dad's old '97 mxz 670 hit 120mph!!! i dont know what he did to that thing, but it was a beast on the mountain and the fastest out of the other sledders, and up in Silver Sands there were ALOT of custom sleds, i saw videos of it, scary really, these things were fast, they really knew their stuff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ya wanna go fast BUY BIG. My buddy has an '05 ZR 900 EFI. 150 hp straight from cat. He added v force reeds an airbox mod, gearing in the diamond drive and a boondocker computer for the EFI. The shop that set it up for him said it should be around 180 hp!!!!!!!!! I rode it stock, I won't get on it now. It's retarded.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:lmao:
I got 103 with my 96 Formula SLS. Mind you, that was on a icy road, nice and straight :D At least my speedo read 103 LOL[/b]
Was that in the back of a pick-up truck?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts