Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to what some of you other guys are getting out of your sleds top end?My only mods besides 192 studs is the beige sec. spring and a straight 50 helix all from SKI-DOO.i'm currently set at b-6 (21 pds).I finally found a lake safe enough to try and wind it out for the first time this year.It pulls real real hard down low but seemed to top out around 105mph.The lake wasn't very hard packed.I did't have my snap ring pliers or my clutch tool with me to try different settings but i wasn't overly impressed as last year bone stock it would pull around 115 most times.Just wondering what you guys have found with yours?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ALSO HAVE A 2001 MXZX 800 AND IT  TOPS OUT ANYWHERE BETWEEN 180KM AND 190 KM DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS.I AM CURIOUS WHY YOU ARE USING THE BEIGE SECONDARY SPRING AND NOT THE STOCK WHITE ONE.I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL CLUTCH COMBO'SAND ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND MYSELF GOING BACK TO STOCK SETTING EXCEPT FOR 19.5 g PINS IN PRIMARY AND A HEAVIER SPRING(200-290).I TRIED A SPEEDWERX HEAD AND IT WAS SLOWER THAN THE STOCK ONE ALSO TRIED ROLLER SECONDARY,WASTE OF MONEY.TRY A 27T GEAR AND 280RAMPS.YOU WILL BE SUPRISED HOW WELL THIS SLED RUNS WHEN LOADED UP.  GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the beige as per many posts on here saying that they are far superior to the white.The lakes are finally safe enough to do some testing and tuning but i'll always take advice from others on there set ups.I've heard mixed reviews on clutching these sleds as some say to wind up the sec. real tight while others say they run better loose.
Any other info from others would be appreciated.txs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi the clutching gurus

I have an MXZ X 800. I'm having two problems with this sled (most likly related)

The first one is the bad mileage, I'm only getting 65miles per tank... the second is that this sled refuses to go over 100Mph... it tops at 95-99Mph.

My sled is bone stock... what should I do...

Oups.. I did a plug reading and if was a medium to dark brown...

Any advise?

Thanks

Serge

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a stock 2002 800 RER with 144 studs.  It is currently getting 100MPH.  I didn't want to push it more because I think it was revving slightly higher.  I used to have bad gas mileage too but I found it got better around the 400KM point and oil consumption is much better after my 10 hour.  As for gas, this past weekend on ~70MPH I was getting approximately 100KM (60 Miles) to about 23Litres of gas.  This was comparable to the 5 Edge XC 700s I was with.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My 97 MXZ 670 got about 105 mph on the speedo.  I dont know if that was correct, but it seemed close.  I've got my dad's 01 Mach 1 up to 120, again not sure if it was correct.  I would think you should be able to get into the 105 area.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine did last around 115 last year bone stock except for 192 studs and i weigh 230lbs.Now with the beige spring and 50 helix it's slower

.I'm gonna head up to the lake early saturday to try and get it figured out before i get smoked by a 700 and look like a tool
.I remember reading in sno-tech that the white spring and 53/47 stocker helix liked to be wound up tight.I'm just trying to figure out this beige and 50 set up.Like i said she pulls super hard down low and mid but i guess i'll have to tinker with it to see what works.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I have a theroy on the beige/white spring thing. My sled was one of the few that came factory direct with the white (Adrenaline, 2001, black and showed up Dec 1st 2000) while other sleds were recalled and had the white installed. I think there are 2 different white springs. My white will not shift out all the way PERIOD. I keep trying it from time to time. Last Fri I had 4 different setups I was trying on the ice.

Erlandson Red, 48/42, 14 lbs (Where I started, and where I ended up)

White, 48/42, 12 lbs (Better in 100ft, loses topend to 1st setup)

White, 48/42, 14 lbs (Better yet in 100ft, still won't shift out)

White, 50/47, 14lbs (best 100ft, but still not as fast in 660ft.)

The white spring binds or something @ 90MPH on me, but some guys like it. My theroy is that some sleds have better white springs than other. I keep trying it, and always regret doing it. Best place for my white spring is as far away from my sled as possible.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine came with the white spring and worked great the way itwas set when i picked up the sled.I have heard alot about the white spring binding up.I was just thumbing through a recent snow goer mag and they said they found the white spring good and found it quicker the tighter that is was set.
Unfortunately it seems like no two of these sleds are the same
and each sled seems to prefer it's own individual set up.The problem however is getting the thing dialed in before the snow melts.Ah but i guess that's half the fun of sleddin
As for dinosaur grow up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts