Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ZR900 and noticed that the motor vibrates more than my T-cat ever did. I understand that it is a twin and it will tend to shake a little more than a triple, All I was wondering was should I consider getting the Torque Arm that Black Magic offers to hold that beast still.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have the same question scrachinmyass. I think the concept of the arm is to hold it down when you get on the throttle.........It keeps the clutches in line. Someone told me one time that the arms are good for trail and racing but if you bang around in the rough stuff it keeps the engine too stiff. Has any one heard that before??

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
just read an article in a magazine on the subject!! Can,t remember what mag it was, but they had nothing bad to say about the use of these torque arms to hold the engine in place and recommended a manufactored one or even a homebuilt!!!So it must work to keep the clutches aligned!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I know keeping your clutches in line helps with belt wear, but I imagine that it would help tranfer power to the ground as well, right? I guess it depends on how much you would loose without it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts