Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are riders using this arms to control torque on the 800's or are they a wast of money

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Torque arms really help.  They give you a little more top end and save your belt.  

Somthing you should look into is a harmonic balancer.  They sell them at royal distributing.  It takes out all vibration giving you more power and saving your crank and bearings.  

Not sure what its worth but its not cheap.

·
Registered
100 Posts
not sure whether you are talking about the twin or triple but i set the clutch alignment on my 800 twin and it always moves because the track is picked.i put on a MBRP torque rod and problem solved.they sell for $140 cdn and the part # for the twin is 6000108 and the triple part #6000111.the harmonic balancer is also a great idea for the twin because of vibration which can lead to more serious problems.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
IDOOSKI.COM  Leader in aftermarket snowmobile accessories.

LOL

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I was wondering, if the the torque rod is attached to the upper shock mount over to the head. Will energy be transfered from it during large impacts to the front end? In other words will it be good for mogul mashing or just draging?

·
Registered
100 Posts
the mbrp torque rod mounts to the head and they supply a longer bolt to mount to the top of the shock.i can't see anything getting damaged from hitting bumps but you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts