Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a sticky at the top of the page, but I can't read any of it. Does anyone have torque specs and tighten pattern for an Arctic Cat Powder Special 700?

Thank

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know there is a sticky at the top of the page, but I can't read any of it. Does anyone have torque specs and tighten pattern for an Arctic Cat Powder Special 700?

Thank[/b]
22FT lbs
I have it spaced like the top of the head, but when I list it it makes them close ???

1 4

7 6

5 8

3 2

Base is 38 ft lbs on the larger ones 18 ft lbs on the smaller.

I am pretty sure, My manual is at the shop

1 4

3 2

5 6

·
Registered
644 Posts
I hate to say this since Snow800 has made a great effort at getting you the stuff you need. However, I don't know if his info posted as he intended.

Typically, in a multi-fastener job like the case halves, one would start in the center and work out using a diagonal, criss-cross pattern as much as possible to keep the pressures as even as possible. (Of course, you also do the tightening in two or three steps to further help minimize stress or pressure in any place.)

Round head patterns involve diagonal sequences.

Most fasteners on the engine torque at 18-24 ft/lbs depending on their diameter. 38 ft/lbs seems high to me. It could be correct but I'd check that to make sure since too much torque is not going to be a good thing.

·
10,054 Posts
I will see if I cant rescan the torque pattern in the pinned thread,,,, I hadnt played there in a while and had forgot it wasnt readable,,, sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts