Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just re- installing the clutches, need a torque spec for the primary and secondary securing bolts....

Anyone have a repair manual covering 2000 mxz700 on their hard drive to send me a copy?

Please do if you cannnn.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do not have a 2000 mxz 700, but I torque my TRA's at 72-75 ft lbs.  I torque, run sled easy for a few seconds, then torque again.
I have seen primary clutches come off that were not torqued enough and I have seen guys break stuff trying to pull a clutch that was torqued too much.
As far as the secondary clutch goes, I do not have a spec for it but I tighten it until the lock washer flattens out.  You want it on there snug but you don't want to over tighten it.
If you are concerned, I would consult your local dealer.

Does anyone have hard numbers that they got from Ski-doo?  I would like to know if I am in the ball park.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats an awefully large number, same as a wheel stud on a passenger car, I was thinking maybe 40-50lbs. I will check further...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aerotax is right on the money. Specs for my 98 mach 1 are 70-75lbs. As far as secondary i never torque,just enough to flatten washer & use blue loctite on secondary bolt only[not sure what reccomendation is on that]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Trojan this is out of a 2001 repair manual,TRA (70lbf) secondary(16 lbf).i would probably go a little higher than these specs though,just to be safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I see a concensus here, I will go with the majority....Just like to be safe than broken down in the woods....

Thanks a bunch....

·
Registered
86 Posts
trojan,  you may be thinking of Comet (or Polaris style) clutches.  We run them on Doo cranks and torque them in that neighborhood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts