Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start of here is some back round info on the sled, ive owned it since new and it has not always been lady driven all the time. 2 years a ago i blew the fan side piston (melted a whole throught it) i rebuilt the motor my self and fallowed the shop manual to do it.

Now this sled is starting to act up on me agian, some time it will run on both lungs but once it get worm it only runs on the pto side. If you let it sit for about 30-40 min it will run fine for 15 min or so and do it agian. i pulled the fan side plug and it was white as could be.

any ideas guys?
i never figurd out why it blew the first time so i think my proplem might still be there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you ever made sure the carburetors are within spec and clean?[/b]

would that allso cause the plugs to blow like crazy on that side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To start of here is some back round info on the sled, ive owned it since new and it has not always been lady driven all the time. 2 years a ago i blew the fan side piston (melted a whole throught it) i rebuilt the motor my self and fallowed the shop manual to do it.

Now this sled is starting to act up on me agian, some time it will run on both lungs but once it get worm it only runs on the pto side. If you let it sit for about 30-40 min it will run fine for 15 min or so and do it agian. i pulled the fan side plug and it was white as could be.

any ideas guys?
i never figurd out why it blew the first time so i think my proplem might still be there.[/b]
Heres the deal, I had the same problem with my wifes formula s, the cap on the oil resivior had a plugged vent hole. This could be your problem. take cap apart, drill hole 1 size larger than the existing hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts