Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance of purchaseing this machine with 800km on it in pristine shape for 3500 cdn, is there anything i should be looking out for with this f/c machine or are they fairly dependable?? Thanks rayc

·
Registered
49 Posts
What year is it?[/b]
Well my dad has a 2000 skidoo touring sle 500 f/c and the problems that we have had for the first year was with the lighting we looked for any problems, brought it to the ski doo dealer and they did not find the problem so we still have that problem. allso our 500 does not like cold start up.

any ways hope this helped

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife runs a 97 Touring SLE 500 F/C (Teal/Green in color). The sled has been almost perfect for us. One exception was this fall the brake fluid reservoir had some small sludge in it that blocked the return tube that the fluid uses to get back when you release the brakes. Everytime we used the brakes they would not release. Cleaned out the tube and we were off and running again.

I wish all sleds were as easy to work on as her SLE. I hate the newer sleds - too tough to work on them with the electrical / computers and all.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts