Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got the toy carrier covers on their sled trailer ?
if so do you like them ? were they an alternative to say triton, e & j trailers or something else. i think the toy carrier is okay i don't have to trade trailers i can just add them to mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would never go without one. Renegade makes a real nice setup and the price is right.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A friend of mine has them, they work real good, used them a couple weeks back.  I can set you up with a place in Dunnville to buy them.  Riverside Marina 905-774-3199.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I was thinking of installing them as well paul.I've got a 97 hyland trailer that still looks like new and i like the way it tows.
I figure it would still be cheaper to put on the toy carriers compared to selling mine then buying an enclosed.Does anyone know of a price ?Keep me posted oh mighty babe magnet

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
What is the toy carrier....sounds different than a typical enclosure.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Toy carrier is a molded plastic cover that fits over your sleds.  They do have a web site, I don't remember the address.  I remember another post about them.  I think they were around $800 to $900 for a two place.

I think I would just go with a regular enclosed.  More durable, but not as aerodynamic or as light.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
after spending the last 2 weeks trailering and dealing with juicey covers,salty,muddy sleds i think we are going to buy them.i spend hours waxing my sled and polishing the tunnel etc. and there is nothing worse than removing the cover and seeing my sled looking like a mud puppy. i take pride in my ride and im sick of washing those friggen covers.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Looks pretty cool....wonder how it works on a 4-place trailer??  Doesn't look like you can drive through one to get to another in front.

Here's the website toycarrier

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually heard about the toycarrier from sledhead670 a few months back and finally found the site a week ago. i think my trailer is great and my sweet thing uses it to haul hay from my barn to her horsebarn. the toycarrier will unclip real easy to leave her with same flatbed as she has now. another thing is the $1600.00 to get the covers and ski guides all in one where a triton is around the $4000.00 mark and can't be used as a hay wagon.
 maybe just get rid of the horses and then i will have enough loot around for two new sleds and a triton.  

·
Registered
56 Posts
Paul, so the total cost in canadian is $1600?  

Does anyone know if they have US dealerships?  I would love to see it in person then to just order a set sight unseen.  I am thinking of getting a Floe or Triton trailer and would rather spend some more for the enclosure  then say $450 for a drive off salt shield.  My sled has RER so unloading should be easy enough.

I was looking at website and it kind of looks like low clearance when lifted open could be an issue getting it all the way to the front.  Not sure if that is true, it is just how the pics came across.  Would love to learn more about this option.

Later - Braz

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brazoo,
 looks like you will have to use the contact feature on the toycarrier site. when i looked at their other products i see they have those huts for newborn calves and i see those at nearly every dairy farm in the area so contacting these people will be easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts