Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now iwas just testing out some stuff and was wondering if anyone eles has the theory behind the tra. now angle of the ramp is how quickly it will shift up....... the hight of the heel is what determins how high the engagement...... now pin wheight here is where i want to here some more input..... more pin weight is how u lower peak rpm and but does it also add belt presure? see this is why.... i was running 286 ramps with a red spring and 21 grams pin weight and it would rev up to and past 9000rpm now when i lowered it to #1 clicker it whent down to about 8500rpm. now what i was thinking was if i could add more pin weight like say 24+ grams to bring it back down. but here is the thing i ended up blowing a belt and i meen POW nothing but little pieces now is it possible that there was to much side pressure or because it was in the #1 clicker or was it just a bad belt........so let me here what u think.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Red is a 420, try a green 390 or a pink white 380. Click back to three. You could try more pin but it would probably load it too much.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It may seem like it's yankin', but it's the heat created by the belt slip in the front that blew your belt. The pin weight cannot over come the spring. The over rev is created by the slip. It may handle more pin, but you won't know unless you try it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts