Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been testing a set up using 280 ramps for 500 ft grass drags.. I have the highest preload spring I can find with a small notch in the ramps and can only get a 5000 rpm engagement. I'm a bit nervous about grinding deeper notches into these weights as I have no experience with this.. Does anyone have any pics of weights they have done? Could I cut custom ramps with a small lip coming out of the notch to add further rpm's??? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
grinding deeper will lower rpms won't it? I thought a bump up will make them higher :confused: . dynamojoe will know for sure.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
What spring is it you have?

There are some HEFTY TRA springs out there, but let us know what you are using now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it is a Pink pink, Not positive though... I'll check it tomorrow and post.

What spring is it you have?

There are some HEFTY TRA springs out there, but let us know what you are using now.[/b]

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
A pink spring would engage high. Unless you have some massively heavy weight in it, I would suspect you have something out of the ordinary going on (broken spring, something binding)

Also, if it is a new P/P spring, it is a 230/350 lb spring. The old is a 310/460. There are two versions.

Now, you can get up to 330 lbs from Doo for engagement, but there springs are really for 440 mod type laydown sleds with 7000+ engagement ( i rode a 440 once that engaged at 7800, YEE HAW!!!!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been testing a set up using 280 ramps for 500 ft grass drags.. I have the highest preload spring I can find with a small notch in the ramps and can only get a 5000 rpm engagement. I'm a bit nervous about grinding deeper notches into these weights as I have no experience with this.. Does anyone have any pics of weights they have done? Could I cut custom ramps with a small lip coming out of the notch to add further rpm's??? Any advice would be appreciated.[/b]
Jabber, I found you! I had a custom ground set of 280's on the 29th with me, would have like to shown them to you to compare. I also have a ski-doo pink-white which is 230-380.
I tried the ramps and only saw a couple of hundred rpms difference. I didn't put the spring in because it had a greater finish rate then what I was running and my rpms were too high as it was. Definitely need more weight, wish I had done it on the 29th...

·
Registered
852 Posts
imho...notching doesnt doo much... i`m running 280`s on my one sled with a 310 spring and it engages at 5500. w hat sled are you running? if you want pm me..what tuning parts do you have?? i`m asuming your shift curve is good but the engagement could be higher.

·
Registered
4 Posts
does anyone have a tra spring poundage chart or know where i can find one im new at this and trying to see what will work best for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts