Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have skidoo's tools for removing the drive clutch but I'm ready to open it up and inspect the inside components. Do you recommend buying oem tools or can I build my own?Thanks

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
According to the latest accessories catalogue, the clutch button fork tool PN 529 005 500 is 8 bucks US or 10 CDN. I don't know if that is for 1 or 3. If you get one & are handy w/ tin snips & a file you should be able to make the other 2. If you don't have the forks when you pull the governor cup off, the spring loaded buttons & springs will fly out on you.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
id just buy the oem tools ,the price isnt that bad plus they are exactly right for the job

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The forks are cheap enough but what does the spring compressor cost? Do you recommend buy or make? Thanks

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
the spring compresser is easy to make just a long threaded rod two nuts and a couple big washers

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Weld 1 nut to the end of the threaded rod & use it to hold in vise. weld a handle to the other nut you just wind it down. I'll post a couple of pics when I get home.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Here's a pic of the handle & clamp for the secondary tool.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Here's a sketch of the clamping portion. Ignore the piece welded in the middle shown in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Here's the handle welded to a 1/2-13 nut.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts