Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was riding a friends 500 touring f/c  , And after 1/2 hour of trail riding i had a chance to try it out. Wow 65 mph andthen when I slowed so did the motor  and when I stopped so did the motor. The belt is close to the top of the tra faces and wont go down. I can't get the belt off.
I havent taken off the tra yet, but it wont close.
 Any Ideas, Maybe broken spring??

·
Registered
292 Posts
rodmax,

A couple things come to mind.  Pull the bolt out of the clutch and see if the sheave retracts.  My guess is the 3 bolts holding the spring cup have backed out durring operation.  This will keep the movable sheave from returning to it's retracted state.

GLH

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I was looking at it today the three bolts looked good, I was looking to see if the spring might be broken but I can't tell.
  I can see that the arms are straight up and down. I put my finger in and it seems like the rollers are past the curved part of the ramps... I'll try to pull the clutch tomorrow.
       Thanks Rodney

·
Registered
103 Posts
A similar thing happened to a friend while we were in Quebec. All of his cotter pins broke and all of the pins and rollers fell out. One arm had broken also. The clutch jammed in the engaged position. good luck ronzx9.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rollers were out past the end of the ramps, I tapped them back in place with a hammer and punch. But why would this happen??

·
Registered
417 Posts
Could be that the bolt has backed out, allowing the governer cup to slide outwards. Being further away would let the arm go past the ramp.... I think?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds right to me....The bolt was not too tight and the threads are gone off the end,for 1/4 inch.
  Well I guess a new bolt should fix it up...Thanks Rodney

1 - 7 of 7 Posts