Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need a little help. Iam getting ready to install my new Heel Clickers in to the TRA on my 99 MXZ600.  I was told that all I had to do was to remove the outside locking bolt and tap on it with a rubber malit and it would come right off.  
Well that did not work, so utilized the clutch puller and remove the clutch, and tried rapping on it a few times but it is not budging?  Am I missing something or is it just likely needing more love(might with the rubber malit) to get it apart.
This being the first time with this clutch I did not want to rapp on it to hard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.    

·
Registered
685 Posts
Zero Gravity : Doo you have the clutch off and on a bench, if so screw the puller in and hit it with a soft blow hammer. That should separate the sliding half from the inner. Dino.

·
Registered
160 Posts
zero gravity:

Put a thin coat of anti seize on the splines before you reassemble and it should come apart easier the next time. And remember, I said a thin coat, a real thin coat.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Rotaxlover: Never never never: It attracts belt dust and the splines are ment to be tight, thats about all that wears out on the tra. I have replaced far more for loose splines than all other reasons put togeather. Dino

1 - 5 of 5 Posts