Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just got my new bearings etc. in and chain case on all I need to do now is adjust my track...
I dont know what im doing wrong Ive done it before on my other sleds but its been a long time since Ive had too. anyway its off the ground, both axle bolts loose on the rear idlers?
I cant seem to get it straight,and not really sure how much should be hanging .
My other sleds off the ground are around an inch from the track to the sliders.

Walk me through this like Im 4 maby I'll get it then :tongue:

thanks alot guys!! SWRules

·
Registered
393 Posts
The track should not be sagging at all. I don't know the exact scecs for your sled but, It is usually 1" drop with a 20lbs weight.
If you spin your track and it goes to one side then, you need to tighten that side.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Rick,

With the rear end supported on a suitable stand, start the engine and slowly rotate the track up to 15 mph and let it coast to a stop. Shut off the motor and observe the distance between the track guides (metal cleats crimped to the track) and the sliders on the skid. The distance should be equal on both sides. To increase the distance on the RH side, tighten the left track tension adjuster (1/2 turn at a time). To increase the distance on the LH side, tighten the right track tension adjuster (1/2 turn at a time). Each time you adjust the track tension bolts you have to restart and resume the coast down process. Once you have the track centered and have about 1" sag in the middle of the slide rail, tighten the rear axle bolts and go out for a 25 mile ride to warm up the track. Gun it a few times to feel if the track is ratcheting (slipping vibration when you pin the throttle). If the track does indeed ratchet loosen the axle bolts on both sides and tighten track tensioner bolts one turn and retry till it doesn't slip (don't forget ti retighten the axle bolts!). If the track doesn't ratchet and you still have about 1" sag with the track well centered (on a stand) your good to go. The object here is to run the track as loose as possible without ratcheting and keeping it centered between the slides. This adjustment may allow track to slap the underside on hard bumps & jounces once and a while but your top speed acceleration and fuel economy won't suffer.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sounds good! now if I can actually get 25 miles on it :p in the last year I got a total of 100 miles because of some damn noise.. thanks for the replys!

·
Registered
193 Posts
ok sounds good! now if I can actually get 25 miles on it :p in the last year I got a total of 100 miles because of some damn noise.. thanks for the replys![/b]
my phazer was pull down with 25 lbs and 3/4 play, my mxz with m10 is in the air no weight 3/4 inch play.dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts