Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 EXT Powder Special 580 and was wondering just how much space should be between the track and the sliders when the back of the machine is lifted up and the track is free hanging. Right now there seems to be roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Is this about right or not thanks in advance for your help

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
On my Z, with the rear of the sled free hanging, and using a fish type scale, exerting about 20 lbs of pull in the center of the track, I adjust it to approx. 1 1/2 inches of deflection....

p.s.
Welcome to the site, there's a ton of great people, and a wealth of info. to be had here! :thumbsup:

SWRules

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will try that cause when I first got the sled going again, there is a long story behind this thing it hadn't run for about 2 seasons till I got a hold of it, it hit around 90 then the chain broke and smashed the s**t out of the case, replaced the chain and case and have a heck of a time breaking 70 now so I am thinking that I may have the track just a little too tight and that is what is affecting my top end seems it might be my possible problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts