Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some prep work I checked over my track clips only to find some of them worn through to the track....local parts store sells what they call a clip remover but told me alot of guys just use a screwdriver and pry them off..starting to go that route until I tried it on the first one and ended up with little pieces of rubber falling on the garage floor :(
Any idea of a better way of doing this? looks like I have quite a few to do...

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have to replace a bunch of them on my 99. I heard to take a couple pairs of channel lock pliers an "open" them up to take them off. I am going to try that. If it doesn't work I am going to take my cut -off wheel and have at it. I do have the installation tool. I could put a new track on as I have a spare, but then I would have to re$tud. Kevin

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I would have to suggest to go the new route. A friend of mine replaced some track clips and I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what but a few miles later his track blew apart. My feelings are that if the clips are bad then the track isn't far behind. If you have over 4000 miles on your sled. I'd replace the track. Just my two cents. Especially if its studded. But that's just me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found when they are thin, it was easy to use a die grinder with a rubber cutting wheel. I replace all mine that way. Taking them off was easy, as long as you don't heat the track up to much, I also pulled the suspension out of the way, good time to look it over before the snow starts falling

1 - 4 of 4 Posts