Since it's for "sale," I obviously didn't want to show gaping holes where studs ripped out those little 1" windows or the parts where the center of the track takes a short-cut around the rear wheels due to the torn out windows. I will say, however, that every rod is intact, none broken although you can see most of them. And yes, it's true, I did have to take off many of the standing metal clip edges due to the fact that they were worn to knife edges and were slicing my slides so badly that 100 miles looked like the expected life of a set of plastic. (But hey, none of the clips are entirely worn off yet!) This track is only ten years old and has averaged only 2000 miles per year. Better grab it quick!
Nope, only two dozen minus the ones that have blown out - that's why it "only" ten bucks; those studs are worth at least twice that much - installed anyway.
Actually 24 in a 133 gives just enough scratch to have decent control for a work machine. Sure it isn't difficult to make them slip, but they increase control tremendously over none. I have a 48 in a 121 and that seems like almost perfect traction given the 60 horses or so the engine puts out. I find it hard to imagine why anyone would want the many dozen studs patterns I often hear about.though I know it's probably handy with 100 something ponies in the bank and a goose in the thumb.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to snowmobile owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, troubleshooting, trails, maintenance, riding tips, modifications, classifieds, accessories, and more!