Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and i were checking out his track and noticed it had a couple of lugs ripped off. as i looked closer i could see the belt was ripped. How much of a safety issue is it to replace because he plans on selling in in the spring and doenst want to spend for a new track. by the way its a 99 mxz 600.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whenever you have a damaged track, it is a possible failure waiting to happen. While it would most likely last more than this year, it is really a judgement call at just how bad it really is. You said it is just a lug, which is no big deal. However, if it also took out a chunk of the side of the track, that is much more serious. Post a picture if you can.

my old 670 needed a track replaced, since i had a few studs pull out and rip holes in the track, but I pushed it, and it lasted fine. Now, I was always nervous running across a lake with the thought of a track blowing at 90mph, but it lasted. Also, how many miles are on the track, how many miles does he anticipate putting on this year, and what type of riding does he do and where? It the track studded?

If it is just a torn lug, I would say your fine for another year, but without seeing it, it is hard to make that call...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The track has around 5500 miles and is studded. there is nothing missing out of the side of the track but i looks like when the lug came off it tore the cords under then lug. we anticipate around 2000 miles again this year

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would say it's time for a new one.This track doesn't owe you any thing and your livin on borrowed time with it already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts