Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if a 1 inch profile track will fit on a 1991 phazers?  

I have a track that I want to install on the spare machine but I want to make sure it will fit before I start the job.

Thanks.

DP

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have a one inch camoplast track on mine, it works very well, although I am not sure if the previous owner changed anything on it.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve,

I at least know it will fit now.

Was your machine stock when you bought it?

If the sled is stock, the owner usually won't go to great lengths just to put on a specific track, they will just use what fits.

I am going to start this week.

I'll let you know what happens.

By the way, what type of pipe are you using on your machine?

I have a DG on mine that works really well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
It also is a DG and it works very well.

The machine was near stock when I bought it, it just had the pipe and a clutch kit was added and was put on by the dealer I bought it from.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Donovan, I'm looking to do the same thing on my '86.  I measure 1.7 inches between the driver and the front of the tunnel, so I'm sure a 1" will work.  I really want to put on a 1.25, though.  When you get the 1" camo on the sled, do me a favor and measure how much room you have left over between the lugs and the front of the tunnel, and let me know.  thanks.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I was just wondering if the Phazer has enough power to turn a big 1 1/4 track. Seems like it would really be working that lil motor.
Caleb

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Point Caleb, You may be right.

I have found that the phazer engine seems to take whatever you through at it, I believe that 485 Yamaha is one of the best motors ever.  It won't chase too many sleds down on the lakes but it will always get you across.

With the pipe I run on this machine is seems to really wake the machine up.

Brandon, I will let you know when I get the new track on.

My company is sending my to Chicago for almost 2 weeks so it will be a little while before I get the job done.

I'll keep ya posted.

DP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dapaige
It will fit. You can always measure tunnel clearance yourself. Measure lugs on old trak before doing anything. Then measure distance from tallest lugs of existing track to closest clearance in tunnel, add heigth difference from old track to new. if the difference is less than your existing clearance you're fine. I always like to measure on a job like that just to be sure, rather than find out it won't work after a lot of work. Good luck, Whacker  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts