Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
if you prop thee back of the sled up the track should sag no more than 1/4 inch below the sliders. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats what it is.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Welcome to the site rj16335. Nice to see another person from PA. There is a couple of us on here! Anyhow, the track, really there is no torque spec. Someone11 is somewhat right, you want to prop the rear of the sled up and the track should hang a certain amount about midpoint of the slide. Some will tell you to put a certain amount of pull on the track and you should have so much sag. How I set mine and alot of others on here is run it as loose as you can with out the cogs slipping under hard acceleration when riding it. If they start to skip the drivers, which you will feel and here, back off and tighten the track up a little. Doing this will help your slides last longer, gain a little MPH and MPG. Something good to start with would be maybe an inch of sag with no weight on it. Try it and see how it does and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ty u guys for ue info
im sure ill have more questions later
the sled was all built for grass drags and im new to this sled but it seems very fast cant wait to ride it in the snow again ty u guys for the info

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Ask a lot of questions, thats what ive been doing,dont want to do something wrong and regret not asking.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
depends on the application. but for me just as xcr583 said loose is fast. yooper07Dmax , 00 700 northern IN? where at? stop light city here, or Kokomo without the beach. 700, I have one that runs pretty good.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
just curious, how does a looser track make you faster?[/b]
You have less rolling resistance on all the suspension parts. Some guys even run bigger rear idlers just for less bend in the track and extrovert drivers for even a looser track yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts