Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant decide on which track to go with 1.25 or 1.50 most of my riding is done on loose snow non groomed trails and will the 1.50 track fit without any clearence problems :0:

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I will be riding the same type of terrain with my mach 1, but it came with a 1.25 so that' what I'm running. If you are not concerned with top speed over long distances, I would go with a 1.5 if it fits under there no problem. I'm pretty sure it does. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've used the Bomb./Camo. 1.45" track on my '97 Mach 1 and clearance is Ok. I did also install the thicker plastic bushings inside the coiled part of the rear springs to stiffen up the rear suspension when using this track (bushings came from dealer). I believe this was to reduce the track from slapping in the tunnel at higher speeds because of the rotating weight. This track was awesome off trail and loose snow drags, but I much prefer a 1.25" track for trail and all around riding.
Hope this helps !

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what profile 1.25 track is the most aggresive and what are you guys running ;)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
My buddy ran a 1 1/2 on his 97 Mach with about 1/4 of clearance.
By the end of the season most all of the outside lugs were gone!
Bruce V. the owner of trackusa.com said you should never run a 1 1/2 paddle on a 121 if most of your running is on hard pack and low snow conditions, an 1 1/4 is what he recomends
His latest track is a 1 3/8 and from Bruce and 0 problems.
I run a 1 1/2 on my long track in the same conditions and my track is perfect, but bruce says it works on 136+tracks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts