Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 1 3/8 inch track with studs will fit into a 2000 MXZ 600. I know that it will fit without studs but is there enough clearance to fit studs too?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
No-way, ho-zay........

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, It should work without any problems. My brother's got a 1.25 track with 1.375 studs on his 2000 700 MXZ and he doesn't have any problems (i.e. no scrapes on the cooling fins under the seat). I also talked to the 'Doo reps at the Milwaukee snow show last fall about going to a 2" track on the same sled. They thought it would work without any other modifications. Haven't tried it out yet though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
But dude, the guy has an 1 3/8 track! If he studded it they would have to be 1 1/2 studs to do any good and if they make such a long stud it would flex so bad they would be useless. Your friend with the 1 1/4 track with 1 3/8 studs only leaves 1/8 over the paddle, in my book that is also usless.

I have an 1 1/2 paddle under mine and it only clears the front of the tunnel by 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Right. I'm not sure where you'd find 1.5" studs either but the point was would the 1 3/8" track with studs fit - and it would.

You say you've got a 1.5" track on your sled with a 1/4" clearance. Which chasis is that on? CK or ZX?

Regarding the 1 3/8" studs on the 1 1/4" track - they don't do much for acceleration but they are very helpful in keeping the sled straight when stopping on slippery trails.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
CK-3.  The only Skidoo that would handle a 2" track with no mod's is a Summit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts