Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many sear/scorch their track to start the season?

I always remembered dad doing this every fall when he pulled the sleds out. Over the years I have keep the same routine. It helps keep the track looking nice and stops all the freeloading power robbing ice balls from building up on the fuzzies.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts

I always remembered dad doing this every fall when he pulled the sleds out. Over the years I have keep the same routine. It helps keep the track looking nice and stops all the freeloading power robbing ice balls from building up on the fuzzies.[/b]

I do it every spring before I put them away for a nap.... :wink:

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

I always remembered dad doing this every fall when he pulled the sleds out. Over the years I have keep the same routine. It helps keep the track looking nice and stops all the freeloading power robbing ice balls from building up on the fuzzies.[/b]
I have used a lighter once to get rid of all those fuzzies! LOL

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used a lighter once to get rid of all those fuzzies! LOL[/b]
:lookaround: You must of had one hot thumb w/ a lighter :unsure: . I use a torch on low and it only takes 10-15 min ,both sides and inbetween all windows :thumbsup: .

mutt

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Hey could you guys elaborate? I've never heard of this. What exactly are you doing and why?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey could you guys elaborate? I've never heard of this. What exactly are you doing and why?[/b]
Track searing is when you burn all the fuzzy white strings on the edges of your track off. As snow and ice build up on the strings and form ice balls it adds wt. Plus it keeps the strings from getting caught in things and tearing them out which could cause damage to the edges of the track.
It looks nice and clean when finished and it's a good time to really look over your track too.

mutt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts