Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( i just bought my wife a 96 f3 and it has 144 studs (well make that 142 studs) 2 of them tore out one on each side and there are at diffrent spots on the track. so here is my question, Is there anything i can do to stop more from coming out? and the track looks to be in good shape the ones that tore out were just way to close to the edges when installed, so how much will the 2 tear outs effect the life of my track thanks. by the way good thing my wife has insurance and a life insurance policy. cause that sleds fast!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Your going to have that some times its from track spin.To reduce that you just ease into the throttle and and let off when you feel the track loose traction.Just dont spin the track to 80 sitting still.just watch the track for more tears.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You could remove the ones outside the windows and just leave the ones in the center, they are much more unlikely to pull out. And like he said, keep your track spin to a minimum. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Go through & check all of your studs. Tighten them up (some will be loose), replace any bent or broken ones. Loose studs are a common reason for tear outs! Track spin is the main reason! If the ones that tore out did alot of damage to the track, you might get away with - put in a new stud, then take a cut off wheel to it, cut off the stud flush with the nut. This will leave the stud base & the backer to help hold the track together. the reason behind this, a new stud in it's place will have leverage & tear out easier, this (cut off way) should hold everything together, without creating leverage. If it's real bad, there is a company that repairs tracks. Can't remeber the name. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts