Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that my track is supposed to be between 1 3/16-1 3/8 for tension, but are you supposed to run it tighter with studs installed?  Right now, I have not had any problems, but I do measure the track when it has been sitting, can't run it because of no snow.  Does running it in the snow, and then measuring come up with different numbers?  Can't be that much of a difference.  I have a 2001 mxz600.  I'm running 1" woody's gold diggers with steel backers.  144 count.  Just courious what everyone else runs there tension at.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
What did it measure before the studs? Do you know?

I would say another 1/2" max beyond the recommended setting would be fine.  Just make sure to keep your sliders up to date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just make sure that you don't go too tight. Somehow, we went a little tight on my Indy 500 and the sliders bit the dust in one season. But, more than that, the suspension travel was seriously hindered. I thought for sure it was the shock (and was prepared to dump money on suspension parts), but found it was the track tension. So, just make sure not to over tighten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts