Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how you measure your track tension. im not sure if it is too tight or to loose i have a new 1" kimpax track with 144 studs. any help is appreciated

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Not sure what to do with the studs, but without: Tighten it so that you have about 1" of hang in the middle. If it ratchets or rubs while driving (fast) tighten more until ratcheting stops.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm running 120 and I have mine so that is hurts to stick two fingers in between the track and the rail.

·
Registered
65 Posts
what exactly is ratcheting? my track is fine until i get in a bit of powder and then you can feel a flogging type feel in the skidoo ???

S

·
0 Posts
Ratcheting is when your track is too lose and it slips over your drivers. You will know when this happens it makes a really loud sound and the sled will jitter or shake. It usally happens when you hit the gas hard. ???

·
Registered
52 Posts
What kind of machine do you have, it matters.
There is specs for it.
Its usually 16 lbs of pull then the spec of space.
Pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
get your self a fish scale and pull down in center of track on the side i think its 16 pounds and around 1 inch of play beetween slider and track i believe.? any body correct me if i,m wrong. :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts