Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been fighting this problem and can not figure out what is wrong.
The track will not loosen up. I have the idlers fully retracted and the adjusters backed all the way out. The idler wheel bolts are loose and the idler wheels are up as far as they will go toward the front of the sled. However, despite this, the track is rubberband tight and has literally NO free play whatsoever. I first noticed this last year after replacing the sliders and an frong limiter strap.
Both the front and rear bolts are in the holes recommended in the owners manual (I believe its the 3rd hole from the bottom (referred to as position 'A' in the owners manual).

This was not always like this, but at some point this condition developed.
I have taken the suspension completely apart several times to make sure all the parts are moving freely (which they are). I'm totally stumped (as is the dealer).
Its been suggested to redrill the front mounting holes and move them forward 1/2 inch or so, but I know that this is a condition that developed over time(and seems to get worse each year, believe it or not).
Its at the point now, that when I pulled the skid out last night to change a front limiter strap and do my yearly check of idler wheel bearings etc, that when I place the skid back in place, I get the front in and both bolts finger tight, however when I went to slide the back into position, it feels like I'm pushing against a 100 pound spring.
Its just a matter of time before I break something expensive, riding it this way.
Any help /suggestions anyone has is greatly appreciated.
Its snowing, and I'm grounded :bash:

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
try taking the torsion springs loose to let the suspension move freely. lift springs up off the rollors and move outboard pass the center idler wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts