Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my parts today for my sled. I noticed the track looks a tad bit bigger. How can I measure it without cutting it in half and laying it flat? Also, the new/used track I got is missing 2 clips, can i just take 2 clips off my old track and put them on the new track? And how do i put clips on wihtout the tool? One last question, the rear shock has resistance one way but not the other, is that normal, or is there supposed to be resistance both ways?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I finally got my parts today for my sled. I noticed the track looks a tad bit bigger. How can I measure it without cutting it in half and laying it flat? Also, the new/used track I got is missing 2 clips, can i just take 2 clips off my old track and put them on the new track? And how do i put clips on wihtout the tool? One last question, the rear shock has resistance one way but not the other, is that normal, or is there supposed to be resistance both ways?[/b]
Put a piece of rope around the track then measure the rope layed out straight for measuring the track.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Should be 48 lugs if it's a conventional 121"

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Should be 48 lugs if it's a conventional 121"[/b]
I thought old Skidoo tracks were 114" and the SS was even shorter. around 106" I think.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I thought old Skidoo tracks were 114" and the SS was even shorter. around 106" I think.[/b]
not 121, differant drivers as well.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I beleve it,s the 116 track and you should be able to push them clips in with a hammer and a flat bar.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a 106 inch track. I dont care about lug numbers. The rear shock, is there supposed to be resistance both ways (up and down) on it? It only has resistance going up. and my old shock leaks but it seems to have more resistance.

·
4,440 Posts
Its a 106 inch track. I dont care about lug numbers. The rear shock, is there supposed to be resistance both ways (up and down) on it? It only has resistance going up. and my old shock leaks but it seems to have more resistance.[/b]
the lugs he refers too are the driver lugs on newer style tracks. if yours had them, you would care how many were there.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh, i thought he meant the things that grip the snow.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
buy new shock

and buy NEW clips

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cant i just polish the old clips?

And why cant i use my old shock?

·
4,440 Posts
shock is more than likely shot. clips are cheap if not buying to many.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think my old one is better than the new/used one i just bought. My old one has more resistance.

Well, all the clips are rusty, so if i were to buy new ones i would probably buy enough to redo the whole track.

·
4,440 Posts
what he said.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If i get a new shock should i get hydraulic, or spend the extra $40 and buy gas?

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
spend the $40 and get the Kimpex GAS shock

I had them on my SRV and Indy's and they did a much better job then stock hydraulics

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
whats the difference between gas and hydraulic? Besides one is gas and one is hydraulic.

·
4,440 Posts
gas will not fade as fast for one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts