Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put a 1.5 lug track on my 2001 600 classic touring which has a 133.5 inch track . Looking though the different web sites I don't see one listed for that length. Anyone know if the acually make this track ? or had any experiance with it ?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both Polaris and Polarisman web sites say it's a 133 . And the owners manual says that an xtra 12 has a 133.5 track  ? Am I misssing something ?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Its the same thing as a 136". Thats just the exact measurement. The 136 will work good and the extra slack at the back bogie wheels will be less than an inch. Your adjusters will be able take care of it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info , it sure does make it a lot easier to find a track then    

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The 136" track fits on on the 133.5" for sure.....I have seen it done and its cheaper to buy a 136 aftermarket than an oem 133.5.......thats why guys do it.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Right, and I have an Island for sale in Hawii.

Go talk to your Polaris dealer, he will tell you all about the difference between a 133.5 and a 136.

I believe it is 2.5

If you use a much larger rear wheel set you might be able to get away with the 136, but like I said, it is probably not the same.

Your local Polaris Dealership, and even a Camoplast dealer would know best.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have an old polaris and I hang out at the dealer buying parts steady and i listen more than I talk......You had better phone youself if you don belive me.....

camaplast 136 track.....500 canadian
Polaris 133.5 track .......alot more than 500 canadian
If you move the suspention it fits Guranteed.....not probably it DOES......

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
The 133 and the 136 inch tracks are NOT the same.
However, a 136 can be made to fit by moving your skid frame back in the tunnel, and doing a small amount of sheet metal work on the tunnel.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks UPrider  , Thats exactly what I was looking for . Never had too much to do with Ebay but will give it a try. Thanks again for your time and thinking of me . Wish me luck

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any body see a problem with clearances in putting the 1.5 inch track on a  2001 600 classic touring ? I'd hate to buy one and find out it woun't fit .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts