Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Summit X I am thinking about upgrading to a 151 x 15 or a 144 x 16. I was told that the 144 x 16 would be a great setup for the sled. I did some measurments and found there was about 3/4 in. on each side so that would leave 1/4 in. clearence between the track and tunnel. Is that enough room? Would the drive cogs and rear skid fit the 144 x 16 track?

Thanks ski-doo boy:devil:

·
Registered
73 Posts
iw oud stick to a 15 inch wide track if i were you you can probably fit it but you will be close and having some room in your tunnel is good in the snow. Also if you put much of a bigger lug on you might come close to it rubbing and have to drop the supension a bit. Look into the clearence for that to. As a guess i would say a 2 in would be all you can fit but 1.75 would be the best if you dindt do anyting. My suggestion would be a 15 inch wide track and a 2 inch lug if it will fit and drop the supension down a little for you have more room for snow to move in there. I like the 144 lenght but thats all your style. LLonger is better for hills but not has fun to kick around and sucks for any trails or jumps. I dont see trying the 16 wide as a great idea and you will really need to lookinto the lug height. Let me know if it can fit though always good to kknopw these things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts