Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear more about the TRAIII clutch such as improved power transfer to the track?
If the change in sheave angles makes a difference and the hp numbers to the track are greater?
Does it require a different belt from the MXZ's?
We need an engineer from Bombardier for some of these discussions?
Anyone have contacts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not much info on the TRAIII, I looked all over for additional spec's. Was told by my dealer that REV requires a different belt. All I can say is I rode my wifes 02 MXZ800 a few times last winter and I was very pleased with the primary clutch. My wife would have preferred a slower back shift on the secondary so that she didn't have to stay on the throttle all the time. If the TRAIII is an improvement over last year I'll be real happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Found some info on TRAIII clutch for you louis. It is said to be of a small diameter which reduces rotating mass and 70% more ridged. Moment of inertia is reduced by 12%. With curved clutch arms it can now be more compact. Belt width is 1.5". Not only is the sheave angles increased from 12 to 14 degrees, it is now matched with a larger diameter secondary with progressive 13 to 15 degree sheaves. The info I read said this new combination should increase belt life by up to two times, which is good news, my wife went through two belts last season on her 02MXZ800 from high speed lake running. Thinking of buying a harder compond belt for her this winter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
heard from a Doo engineer that the new TRA3 is supposed to be 1.5% more efficient at transferring power.  combined with the lighter weight and reduced inertia it should work quite nicely.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All Rev'd up,
Tell the wife to take it easy or she might bend some studs.

By the way all that info sounds familiar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts