Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called my dad about an hour ago. He said they are riding the trails and suprisingly they arent snirt yet. He said its cold enough that the snow is staying. The weather is calling for 2-4 inches around his area so there will be a good base tommorow with some fresh powder.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Called my dad about an hour ago. He said they are riding the trails and suprisingly they arent snirt yet. He said its cold enough that the snow is staying. The weather is calling for 2-4 inches around his area so there will be a good base tommorow with some fresh powder.[/b]

Rode the trail from New Buffalo to Niles where it ended the year it opened; right after that huge snow. Banks along the county roads were about 12 feet tall and you had to climb them every mile. We also had to open and close gates where the farmers would let you ride through their property. Took us all day to make the round trip. Hope it is better today. Think that was about 77. I rode my Yahama 250 Enticer or Exciter whichever is older.

Digger

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dad called me today. He said he got hammered, 13 inches and more coming. Didnt ask him about trail conidition though im assuming they are good. No base though. Im heading to his house probably thursday night and gonna ride during the day friday. supposed to rain saturday but i dont think it will get rid of all the snow.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just came back from my dads, They got about 6 inches with a lot of drifting, trails from the road looked good, didnt look like too many people had ridden. I can imagine though that there are bare spots in some fields because of the wind. I would say take it easy on the trails, dont tear them up too much, i think they are supposed to get more snow monday night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts