Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't run it.It just didn't feel right.I have run water before.Maybe I didn't run it because my sled fouled the plugs after I rode from MNL resort to Bauers on the lake.It was weird,I hit some real bumpy ice and after that the plugs fouled.It was like riding across a plowed field,must have flooded the engine somehow,I never fouled a plug in any of the 5 Doos I have owned.

Sunday morning we rode down to St.Germain for breakfast.We ate at the Wolf Pack Cafe.Trails were freshly groomed and we were rockin.Little St.Germain Lake was smooth,so we lined them up and my 700 was king of the day.LOLOL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Just returned last night......

Stayed in St Germain, this area was OK, a lot better than normal for in-town trails.  Area will need more snow though, bare spots popping up the day we left.

First day, stayed around St Germain/Sayner area, buddies' Yammi and Polaris weren't running right, so we didn't venture too far.  Trails were great in Sayner area too.

Second day, Polaris buddy and I put on 150 mls (Yammi stayed home in the cabin).  Rode through Boulder Junction, awesome trails, over to Manitowish Waters, trails there were a little bumpy, but nothing to complain about.  Took #17 railroad bed down to Arbor Vitae, terrible.  R.r. bed was pure dirt from Fence Lake Lodge down.  Arbor Vitae was the roughest I've seen it for years.  Back to Blink Bonnies, OK again in St Germain.

Tuesday, went to Eagle River via Little St Germain Lake and trail #7 and came in to E. R. from the north end of town.  Trails were awesome, not the normal roughness as you enter E. R.  Stopped at TrackSide and then headed back north to Conover/Bauer's Dam, awesome trails again.  Hooked up with 2 other guys and rode to Land O'Lakes...made incredible time with great trails and little traffic...I only overshot one turn  

Great ride 'til one of the other guys wanted to lead, and ended up smacking a 6x6 gate post square with the front of his TSS Yammi, did I mention that some of the corners were icy?  Smashed the hood, bellypan, and bent the pipe closed.  Rode the sled a few miles to a friends garage and yanked and beat the pipe w/slide hammer til it opened up a little.  Put it back on and rode it a few miles to Black Oak bar.  Rode a big loop in UP to Watersmeet and back to Land O'Lakes, awesome trails.  Back over to Boulder Junction, and down to St Germain and to our cabin around 2:30 a.m.  200 miles of awesome trails that day.  Thanks to John and Glenn for showing us some of the non-publicized trails, and letting us beat John's Yammi back into shape.

MXZ, sorry we missed ya at Bauer's Dam Sunday.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,glad to see you had a good time.We got as far as Mercer.Trails went downhill Sat. afternoon.We left Conover about 1
0 to head home on Sunday.Just before we left an ambulance came to Bauers and the EMTs took off on the sno-ambo to go rescue a guy that crashed somewere between E.R. and Conover.Did anybody at Bauers say anything about what happend? I did hear that a guy got got killed down in 3 Lakes area.He pulled out on a rode without looking and a F-150 hit him.Hate to hear stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
MXZ7, Donna nor Glenn said anything about that.  Too bad you guys left, the trails were great.  Didn't hear much talk at all about deaths this year...hate to hear about them.  This was the first year I've seen the water frozen over at B. Dam.
Lot of stumps showing too...did you run it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts