Snowmobile World banner

Trail Conditions

14K views 116 replies 11 participants last post by  JackPineLodge 
#1 ·
Lots of work has been done this year on the trails by our club. We also pruchased a new drag. The groomers are ready to go and all signs are pointing to a "Normal" winter up here. Make sure you are ready to go early December!!!! Prediction: third week of November we will get blasted and the early riding will be great!

All the places up here need a good winter; business has been a little better than last year, but still is bad. If we have another poor winter you will see lots of places shut down! Plenty have closed already.

After deer season I will be hanging new signs at trail 41 and trail 413 at the trail to our place. They are reflective and pretty darn nice.

We did not get on any maps this year. The $400 was needed for other things. But, we are still here and still making great burgers and steaks!

Digger

#3 ·
Just got the word on a cabin that is being redone for rental: It's almost complete and will be available for rental this sledding season. I will have the pictures available very soon. It is close by and was very nice when I saw it before they started on doing the finish work. This has never been lived in!!! This will be available for the entire winter, month, week, or long weekend. There is tons of parking too. For sure it will sleep at least six in seperate beds and probably end up with more by the time they are done.

This is a chalet with a loft and once again is very nice!

Digger

#4 ·
The ground is now frozen and the small lakes are starting to freeze. Temps have been as low as 10 above with more coming. Sooooo, when the snow starts it will pile up at a rapid rate. Oh, remember my prediction of two and a half feet to come soon. Made that one along time ago. :slick: :slick: Time will tell.

Digger

#5 ·
The cold is going to continue for quite a while. Now we just have to wait for more white stuff. Snow is in the forecast, but not huge amounts yet. It only is going to take one nice storm now.

Digger

#7 ·
Looked at the forecast for the next few days.....looks great. Only 20 more days till we make the trip. I hope the snow really starts to fly! Keep us updated. BTW, when does the grooming start?[/b]

December 1. Snowing today with three to five by late tomorrow expected. All depends on the lake effect and the wind.

Digger

#8 ·
December 1. Snowing today with three to five by late tomorrow expected. All depends on the lake effect and the wind.

Digger[/b]

Up to 11" through Wednesday: high wind advisory; could be lake effect at its best!

#10 ·
Had our first sled in last night! Temps are pretty cold and the snow is holding just fine.

At least one groomer will be out Sunday or Monday with it's new sled. We just need some more snow to get things going.

Digger

#11 ·
Digger were leaving to come up and do some riding on monday night from chicago. We were thinking that snow conditions weren't good around Munising, Manistique area???? We were thinking about heading to Houghton/Hancock???? Would rather ride by you though..... What do you think???? Snow coming this weekend????

Rob :confused:

#12 ·
Digger were leaving to come up and do some riding on monday night from chicago. We were thinking that snow conditions weren't good around Munising, Manistique area???? We were thinking about heading to Houghton/Hancock???? Would rather ride by you though..... What do you think???? Snow coming this weekend????

Rob :confused:[/b]
We are under a winter snow watch for Saturday through all day Sunday. Up to ten inches and thirty mile an hour winds. But, close to the lakes Saturday night may have some rain or freezing rain.

I would wait! Ya, we are rideable but you would have to rely on the back roads and off trail. Grand Maris was getting some nice snow, but you are limited, plus if they get the rain Saturday night, you will be done. Same with Houlton/Hancock.

The one other factor is the ride home. Could be a real mess with the wind thrown in and pulling a trailer. Last time we had winds of 60 plus!

One more week would be better use of your money, but you make the call.

Digger

#13 ·
Had our first sled in last night! Temps are pretty cold and the snow is holding just fine.

At least one groomer will be out Sunday or Monday with it's new sled. We just need some more snow to get things going.

Digger[/b]
Remember Digger have your groomer guy take picks of the trail conditions!
And post them here or under a new thread! This was my idea last spring
remember? :thumbsup: You could become WORLD famous for this! Ya know? w00t
let me know if I can help! If worse comes to worse just email me
the pics! :thumbsup: SLeD is ready I'm ready to RIDE! -Dave

Attachments

#15 ·
We are under a winter snow watch for Saturday through all day Sunday. Up to ten inches and thirty mile an hour winds. But, close to the lakes Saturday night may have some rain or freezing rain.

I would wait! Ya, we are rideable but you would have to rely on the back roads and off trail. Grand Maris was getting some nice snow, but you are limited, plus if they get the rain Saturday night, you will be done. Same with Houlton/Hancock.

The one other factor is the ride home. Could be a real mess with the wind thrown in and pulling a trailer. Last time we had winds of 60 plus!

One more week would be better use of your money, but you make the call.

Digger[/b]

Had enough local sleds in that were on the trails and back roads. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Digger

#16 ·
Had enough local sleds in that were on the trails and back roads. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Digger[/b]

Groomer went from Manistique to Shingleton and on it's way back to the Jack Pine for the first time!!!!! There is an average of 16" of new snow!!!

Digger

#17 ·
Groomer went from Manistique to Shingleton and on it's way back to the Jack Pine for the first time!!!!! There is an average of 16" of new snow!!!

Digger[/b]

!!! !!! Mind you I am not complaining; BUT: it just keeps snowing !!! !!!

It was snowing hard last night when I went to bed and it is doing a fine job right now !!! !!!

#19 ·
Digger........
See you sometimes Tuesday..... My buddy and I are making the trip this afternoon from Chicago..... Your the man..... :thumbsup:

Rob[/b]

We are still closed on Tuesday, but if you see cars or sleds out front; stop.

The groomer hit the south trails yesterday and will hit Manistique to Shingleton again today. Traffic is light!!!

We had snow almost all day yesterday and a little more last night. Real light and fluffy stuff, but we will take it all.

Digger

#20 ·
Just got done plowing everything out! Wow, what a snow fall!

All reports are real good for the trails and off road riding.

Hey Rob; glad I got to see you guys; thanks for stopping!!!

Digger

#22 ·
Digger,

I am glad to hear that my indian(a) snow dance is working for you guys! We are supposed to get 4-6 here tonight. 12 days left before I head north. Get the Jager bombs ready!

Shane[/b]

They are being chilled as we speak!

Some people are saying we had three feet of snow here; I'll call in two and be safe.

Digger

#23 ·
They are being chilled as we speak!

Some people are saying we had three feet of snow here; I'll call in two and be safe.

Digger[/b]

Trails are great; the groomers have been running north and south very hard and the trails have packed nice. If 100 mph is your style; have at it. Lots of powder to ride off trail; back and forrest roads are great! You like deep snow; all around us.

Traffic is very very low!!!
Digger

#25 ·
Is there enough snow stay in Manistique and ride from town?[/b]

Yes! Plenty! Just get a place close to trail to make it easy.

Digger

#26 ·
Trail 2 has an area that is not groomed because of muzzle loading going on right now. The property owners are currently using their land for hunting. That will be over a week from Monday.

The Haywire remains smooth and fast from Shingleton to Manistique.

Note; the gas station in Christmas is Closed. Thunder Lake Store is closed. Boot Lake Bar will not be pumping gas.

Digger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.