Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I would LOVE to ride mountains but sadly northern Lower MI is a little short on them, so I have to go short track trail rider.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
we have few hills without trees here, but every chance i get, i am off trail busting powder on the renegade.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I would ALSO like to ride mountains!  I hit some hills around here but not quite mountains!  Short tracked trail rider!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Personally, trails are used to get to the riding areas. I have no mountains and have never been to them Yet! But, you did not give me a coice of an off trail no mountain with Semi-long (136") track so I voted Long Track Mountain Rideing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mountain riding is something else! We usually put on 50 to 70 miles in a day, and that can be a long day at times. Here in my area we have very little groomed trails. There is nothing like watching the sunset at 12000 feet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like my sled- it's set for trail riding, but for some reason it says Mountain Cat on it!!
Tell me if that makes sense?

It's a Cougar Mountain Cat.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm surprised of the number of trail riders with long tracks.  I thought that trail riders all used short tracks.  Are you riding long tracks for the purpose of going off the beaten path every now and then?  If you spend most of your time on trails, why would you by a long track???

·
Registered
72 Posts
zrt600mntcat has got the right idea, it's all in the hart!
It takes all types, ride what you love, but for you nancy's that say you'd love the mountains but don't have any,YOU OWN A TRAILER DON'T YOU?!! or next time you're on a trail on public land you might just, um well, TURN (off the trail)!!
On second thought leave the powder to the guys(&gals) with sack!

just pokin fun! go deep or go home!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jayjaysin @ Feb. 15, 2002, 11:32am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm surprised of the number of trail riders with long tracks.  I thought that trail riders all used short tracks.  Are you riding long tracks for the purpose of going off the beaten path every now and then?  If you spend most of your time on trails, why would you by a long track???[/b][/quote]
Just a theory on my part that would seem to make some sense, but I believe that a long track would be able to pass over some of the divots and holes that a short track may drop into, resulting in a slightly better ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts