Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last 4 years I have used and relied on trail conditions for updated trail postings. Over the past few seasons this site has declined to a level where it is more about a cut-low (brand bashing, talking about the other guys mom, etc.) contest than about posting conditions. It is especially bad when there are low snow conditions. I mostly use wisconsin and michigan postings, not sure if it is like that in other areas. They could learn alot from snowmobileworld.com and monitor/remove some of these posts. Cant we all just get along?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I too came here from trailcondtions. I found it just too obnoxious there. There is nothing wrong with a little good humor but that place irritates me :angry: :angry: I am really glad I found a home here at SW. The site is amazing. Informative as well as friendly. We have made a good many new friendships here. SWRules SWRules SWRules

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Their forum software is absolute garbage as well. It's too difficult to use it as a general discussion forum, even about trail conditions. It could be so much more useful if somebody put some more effort into it.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I used it last year too. I think things will improve once the snow comes. Some of them have too much time on their hands. The Groomer Guy should come over to SW & Phil Molto too :D SWRules

·
Registered
752 Posts
Send them and Invitation Revrnd !!

I too have been visitor of that site for a long time , and yes it has gone down hill big time . As a matter of fact I rarely go there now . I switched about a year ago to be a full time Snowmobileworld.com addict .What we need on this site is all those people that post trail reports over there to use the trail reports on this site and things would really rock around here in the trail reports section. Like others have said this place is the best !! Thanks to the hard work of our webmaster Corey and our dedicated moderators . SWRules

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I've had about the same experience. Haven't been back there in almost a year.

I have a hard time reading all the posts here.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah, those guys sure do talk a lot of smack about each other. I remember a post last year that was first about loud pipes and it turned into a bashing of their mothers. :sarcasm:
Do any of you guys know of a good page that shows the conditions in MN?? Or northern Wis. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
snowmobileworld.com is a class act and i'm sure we all have intentions about keeping it that way!!!!!!!!!!! SWRules SWRules SWRules

·
Registered
296 Posts
i have to agree. SW has done a great job keeping the garbage out....there are other forums out there that are just ridiculous, they cannot get over the new rx1 or the f7 or the rev...its the same old stuff every season....people bashing each others family....im glad SW does such a great job....i just wish it would snow so those trail conditions postings would get updated.......let it snow

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree with all of you, it has gone down hill bad. The NH section is all trash talk about registrations. GEEEZ! Plus the coding on the web site is from the mid 90's. :D Is that front page 95 or ms word 95 web page? HAHA

·
Registered
114 Posts
Trailconditions.com Lots of good folks...but to many stinkers...SW the best...Oh by the way check out the best weather forecaster net site in michigan...johndee.com...you will LOVE his daily journals and pictures of the Keewanaw...Al.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts