Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 4 place enclosed Triton Renegade trailer, its brand new and all aluminum. Besides greasing the bearings, what kind of maintenance is required for the electric brakes and axle, if any?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased a Triton Prestige 12' 2 axle last fall, it has the bearing buddies so lubing is easy. When I hooked up this fall in prep. , discovered the brakes workig but not making contact with the drums. Took alot of clicks on the star adjuster, have them set to drag VERY slightly when I spin by hand. Made 7 trips to UP last season and can't believe how far out of adjustment they were. They don't seem to grab like first year, used to be able to adjust the controller to lock them up, not sure but think the magnets might weaken with time ( thats a guess ). The other things I do every trip is check tire pressure, have 14' tires not a problem like with floatation, and check torque on lug nuts, have aluminum rims.

Justin

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to my dealer and he said that the brakes were self adjusting, like the rear drums on a pickup truck. I wonder if it is the same setup? SWRules

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
what was the ball park pricing on that trailer? I've been lookin as well as holding off for a year now almost. I think I have to buy sled #4 first for the little lady before I get a trailer. Congrats on the new hauler.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the trailer is still at the dealership, (waiting for a REV 600HO), so I can pick up both at the same time. The trailer retailed for about $7500, but I bought it for $7100 out the door. I ordered and was delivered to dealship in about 2 weeks. Its all aluminum with stainless hardware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts