Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It never fails, every season I get those stupid white salt deposits under my hood. One the frame, bulkhead, and pipes. Its annoying and looks like crap.
I take the sled to the car wash everytime I come home from the trail. I powerwash inside and out, I spray down the trailer and anything that could possible have salt on it.

But I stilll get those little rust spots and salt deposits. What do you use for a good protectanct?

Some say put a layer of WD-40 on, and lightly wipe of the excess once it dries. But something has got to work better than that.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Do you have a salt shield on your trailer?

Are you really trailering without a cover on the machines? If so, why?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Don't pressure wash the inside of your sled out anymore. In doing so, you can wreck your seals.
Buy a cover and a salt shield.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a salt shield, and a cover.

What I don't have is the liner I have seen people put on under the cover.

If you say not power wash out the inside of the machine ( I don't use full pressure, just enough to get the dirt and grime off). What do you suggest I do so the seals don't get ruined.

·
Registered
524 Posts
WD 40 works very well, I do it after washing if the sleds going to set . In the spring I hose everything with a heavy coat of wd40 and it works wonders at keeping everything looking new. The best advice i can give is an enclosed trailer. Use one just once and you'll never use an open trailer again. I havent bought a sled cover in 5 yrs.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I agree on the WD-40 and my doo dealer swears by it too. Makes a big difference at trade in time.
My next step is an enclosed trailer, looking at a fibre glass top Floe with 13'' wheels.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Originally posted by fennsz@Nov 29 2002, 10:02 AM
Don't pressure wash the inside of your sled out anymore. In doing so, you can wreck your seals.
Buy a cover and a salt shield.
You can also tear stuff apart, such as wires or something w/ pressure washers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts