Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my newsletter from the Paudash Trailblazers last week. The reason they closed the trails early even though there was still snow on the ground, was that the landowners were complaining about ATVs running on the trails across their property.

I know of a few $issed off people who wanted to go sledding but the gates were closed.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Thats too bad REV next time that happens come on over to the Old HASTINGS SNOW RIDERS.   I know the days your talking about it was that last blast that came a couple days before we went to Cochrane.   So much powder , we put on about 600 kliks in 2-3 days.  The heritage system is always open. we did meet a few atv's on the trail and even a bulldozer in a corner on saturday afternoon. We played in the maze

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
rev,
 i think the ATV thing is going to be a hickup for the next few years i only hope that the landowners are patient because ATV's seem to travel in the low snow conditions causing damage to some crops.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
People have to realize that the clubs only have permission to allow snowmobiling on the property. Just because you sledded thru there last winter means you can ride your dog sled team, horses, go hunting etc. Also, just because land isn't posted doesn't mean it's Crown Land.

The 136 acre bushlot that my parents own & we deer hunt on has no trespassing signs, but each fall we have to gently teach the hunters on the neighbouring Crown Land that "WE" will be there hunting.

Those people would be the first to complain in the big city if you were to step off the sidewalk onto their lawn.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
The eastern ontario trail allianz is open

trillium trails

If you have an ofsc permit then you are exempt, all you have to do is carry your pink slip for trail pass and you can ride your ATV, horse.  Hikers and bikers dont have to pay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts