Snowmobile World banner

Trails In Nw Ohio

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jtkennedy9 
#1 ·
I live in Fort Wayne, IN, not too far from Ohio border. Wondering if there are any trails in Northwest Ohio.

#2 ·
We're in the same boat as you nothin' but corn fields and township roads to ride on. East of Cleveland there is some spotty action. A few state parks have a few miles to ride on but no grooming. Head North Young man!

#3 ·
i know its not western ohio. you can go from conneaut ohio to erie pa.to new york and where i live in pa. the alleghney national forest. you start from beef and barrel on rt 7 just south of interstate 90. some roads so weather permitting. clubs take care of trails. also need a n.y reg.if you go to n.y.

#4 ·
I live in Van Wert, Ohio, about 30 miles East of Ft. Wayne. I just bought my first snowmobile, a 2003 Arctic Cat 570ZX. Can't wait to ride! I was on the net yesterday, and discovered some trails in Hoagland, IN. There's also a trail system at the Salamonie Reservoir, which I think is near Wabash and/or Hunington. There's also a trail in the Angola area around the Lake James/Crooked Lake area. None of these will be anything like going to the UP, but they're all close enough that we can get some riding in without much trailering. Hopefully we'll get dumped on again this year and I can check them all out.

#5 ·
jgun, I've rode the trails in Angola, been a few years, but they are pretty good for the area. I also joined Hoagland's snowmobile club, but didn't get to ride the trails last year due to lack of snow. Hopefully we'll get enough snow this year. If you come over to ride either Angola or Hoagland, let me know.

#6 ·
There is Maumee State Forest just West of Toledo. We ride dirt bikes there. Not sure if it would be worth the trip there to 'mobile in the Winter. There is a 5 mile loop with a bunch of single track trails. It's a good way to spend half the day with the boys on our bikes though.

#9 ·
I live right down the road from you kennedy,,,,I am just off us 30 outside of Lima,,,, east side. About an hour from Ft Wayne,,,,I used to go up to Antwerp and Hicksville area all the time,,,,

#10 ·
its not problem at all man,,,, after getting the maps from revernd (kris) I really think I am gonna start collecting these,,,,need to find a nice way to display/store them without ticking the wife off anymore than she already is

thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.