Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just started on makein my new trails today and man was that a work out  i got about 1/4 a mile done so far of a 2 mile trail im doing it all by my self and all i have is a bobcat lawnmower chain saw and a weed wacker  but im gettin it done there has to be a easer way?? anyone know what i could do.. its alot of bryers ( sp) and heavy grass

·
Registered
448 Posts
Put the circular blade on your weed eater, assuming it's a commercial unit (Stihl, etc..)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking about trying that.. what about some sorta drag or anything or do they make some sorta brush hog for the bobcat?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Get an old spring matress and drag it behind the cat.  Throw some weight in the springs and you should be able to tear most of the smaller stuff out.  You just have to stop and clean out the springs every once in awhile....

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thought had crossed my mind but ill use a real drag and a tractor(i live on a farm) but i dont htink it will get out all of the grass and i basically just want it cut short  and stay as grass i thought about usein some sort of chemical.. but.. i dont really want to getin to that even though we have a commercial spraying biz soits not hard to get spays and after a while it will be all dirt anyway from the 4x4 traffic of my friends and me

·
Registered
215 Posts
I too have to make one.  I have a weed wacker...and some shovels..I migh be able to get a chain saw hahaha

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Go to the neighbors farm and ask to borrow there BrushHog. Tell them yours grenaded the pto box!LOL
  We made trails years ago with a huge commercial brush hog type  machine. It could cut trewes up to 6" in diamiter. Tis is the way to go but unless you know someone they are around 150 to 400hour though you'd only need it a half hour for a 2 mile trail.
Caleb

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would but.. there are WAY to many rocks i live at the edge of the baraboo bluffs  the area where the glacers stoped and droped all the rocks and junk.. so its ruff ground and i dont want to have to buy them new blades for the hog

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
1150 Case with 4cyl diesel Cat will do the job

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got about a half mile done today  i got the old drag out with a international 656 that did the job well till i got around trees then i couldnet go anyfarther cuz i got stuck
then i had to go back to the old method

1 - 12 of 12 Posts