Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking for a new tranceiver, but nothing is really grabbing my attention or enough of a better model to get me to pull out the ol' visa. My question is , what do you use ? ( hopefully you do use them ) and have you seen anything better than what we have been using for the last five to six years , and prices ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
have you seen anything better than what we have been using for the last five to six years , and prices ?[/b]
I use a Pieps DSP. It is a three antanae Digital transceiver with multiple burial capability. It can show how many people are buried (if they have beacons), and once you locate one of them you can flag that beacon so that it does not interfere with the others just in case it doesn't get turned off. It is going for 300 here which is a good deal I paid 310 for mine. the other nice thing is that Pieps uses updateable firmware so that if they come out with new search algorithms all you do is take it to a dealer and they install the new firmware. also While in transmit mode it will time its signal so that it does not overlap with another so that some one else with any other beacon can tell that there is in fact more than one (no masking). it also has a scan with 5, 10, 20, and 40 meter ranges that will tell you how many victims are within each radius and out of the 40 meter radius. the newest firmware form january 2007 have a feature to test other beacons and their transmitting frequency to make sure they are working properly. I love mine. very easy to use and has a great harness.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Another vote for the Pieps DSP. We got three from a local sledder that is a dealer and we all like ours they are simple to use, comfortable to wear, and have some nice features.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Another vote for the Pieps DSP. We got three from a local sledder that is a dealer and we all like ours they are simple to use, comfortable to wear, and have some nice features.[/b]
there is also the "advanced" version that has altimeter, thermometer, and clock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts