Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be moving into the states....ie. Dayton Ohio area.  How much of a pain is it to bring the sled, and to register it in the states, since I bought it here in Canada a year ago.  I will be moving there for work, and I want to bring my baby (ski-doo) with me.  I'm a Canadian Citizen, but gonna be working in the states....has anyone gone thru this before.  As well, could anyone help to as, how far I will have to drive north....or which ever way....to find snow???

Thanks.

Crazy Canuck

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
For registering it in the states once you're in Ohio, you'll need proof of purchase/ownership (title if you have one or original bill of sale).  It should cost you less than $50 for the registration, and you might have to pay sales tax, but I doubt it.  If you do, it may be around 7% of your purchase price.

·
Registered
310 Posts
well knowing this country you have to pay sales tax for taking a ####.  so you probly will have to pay it.  i remember when i bought my sled in NH, and then brought it back up to maine where i live, when i registered it, i had to pay 5% sales tax.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, figures with sales tax, seems to be everywere...lol

Does anyone know about conditions in the Ohio area...during the winter, if there is even any trails....or snow for that matter...in ohio...near Dayton, or how far of a drive from Dayton would I have to go to find snow??

Thanks for the help so far.

Crazy Canuck.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Basically you have two choices for places to ride.  In western NY or in Michigan.  I live in WNY and it is about 350 miles, according to the altavista map maker.  The snowbelt normally
reaches from north of Buffalo to the Jamestown area, depending on the wind direction.  We'd love to have you ride on our trails, but it is quite a hike.  You may be better off going to MI. The map is attached.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm, that's a bit of a bummer......(ps, your link, I couldn't get it to work)

Well maybe I guess I'll have to drive 6 hours north to MI to go sledding.....man that's alot of miles...every weekend..  

·
Registered
692 Posts
crazy

heres a bill of sale for ya

i sell crazy a ____ for 500.00. with 5000 miles as is condition.

wow that was hard

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Crazy, once you hit the Mi.-Ohio border you have to get at least to M-72 and north to get GOOD snow. From the boarder I would say about 300 miles to Grayling or Gaylord area. If you want to get to the U.P. add another 100 miles. A lot of folks from Ohio and Indiana ride there and you will have to get a trail permit @ 20.00 ea but you do not have to register in Mich. Now all we need is a decent winter!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man, this is sounding worse and worse....I would have to drive 6 hours before I could hit decent snow..

Then I might as well just leave the sled at my parents in Ont.....and drive back there....(6 hours) lol.
That way I don't have to tow the sled for 12 hours on a weekend.

Oh well, what can you do.  But I don't think I would have to pay tax....becuase I don't live in the states now...and I will not be a us citizen, just a resident?!??

Dunno.

Thanks for the help.
Crazy Canuck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts