Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone up for a trip down south, down to the smoky mountains? the post on Daves bike got me to thinking , how much I love to ride deals gap (u.s. 129) down from tennessee to n.c.. any takers and when would be good for others?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I was just thru there in April in the truck on my way to Atlanta :thumbsup: . Be careful as there was a cop & a sherriff sitting @ the north end. I read on the 'net that the "bears" are increasing their presence this year.

US 129 south of Blairsville is really twisty as well if you have the time to check it out.

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes , I have heard that as well. I have to say though I ride the HD a little slower than my past bikes. it just will not go as fast :p . that means all the guys on rockets will be done eating when I get there :whistling: , or not who knows. I have a great uncle that lives down in Tennesse near "The Dragon" and my great grandmother that did. so many great roads to ride near cades cove as well. some awsome history in the area. well basically no strait roads in the mountains w00t so great riding. I will ride there. I have a couple softbags to use that slip on over my detachable backrest. but it seems I will be alone, as far as SW riders.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
yes , I have heard that as well. I have to say though I ride the HD a little slower than my past bikes. it just will not go as fast :p . that means all the guys on rockets will be done eating when I get there :whistling: , or not who knows. I have a great uncle that lives down in Tennesse near "The Dragon" and my great grandmother that did. so many great roads to ride near cades cove as well. some awsome history in the area. well basically no strait roads in the mountains w00t so great riding. I will ride there. I have a couple softbags to use that slip on over my detachable backrest. but it seems I will be alone, as far as SW riders.[/b]

trust me I would LOVE to do that ride but $$$$ forces me to sit/ride at home this year cept for 10 days on the east coast between Searsport & Machias WITH THE BIKE :thumbsup: if things change I will be back . M

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic of large sac bag set on front side of backrest. makes nice backrest for rider on long hauls. also one shot of it on the bcak side if you choose or have a passenger. the 10 inch roll bag can go on top or other side of backrest if you choose. I cannot help but laugh as the roll bag is pretty faded compared to the large one. I guess that is saying not enough long trips.

Attachments

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never mind how nice the bike is . its the roll bag of mine he is using that makes it look so good. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like the last full week of June I am heading down. any one wishing to come down or follow me down is welcome.

·
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How was your trip dooman? Did you get to go?[/b]
poured rain the entire week I was to go, so I stayed home. I am looking to get a weekend ride down there soon. would have this weekend but just got asked to work all 3 days. you or anyone who would like to make a weekend ride down is welcome to/ help set a date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts