Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out when I stayed up in Gaylord, Michigan @ Marsh Ridge they offered
a pretty decent discount for AAA members. Come to find out my friend
Steve had one of those memberships. So we were in for the discount!
So I'm thinking as much as I head up north might be worth while
to get one of these AAA cards! Where else have you stayed were
they accept AAA this might just benefit all of us! :thumbsup: Think the basic
membership is like 40 bux and well worth it, might just have to make
the move! Later Dave

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
AAA puts out a pretty thick book every year of places who take their discount. Places you wouldn't even had thought of like Reebok, Dunhams and Unos. :thumbsup:

I should know, my wife works for AAA travel :wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
I think AAA is a great membership but my question is, why don't ALL these establishments ask the customers if they are members? Is it the responsibility of the member to ask at every establishment? For example, I go to Dunhams all the time with my son and who knows how much I could have saved already had I known they honor memberships... :bash:

Snow4

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
I think AAA is a great membership but my question is, why don't ALL these establishments ask the customers if they are members? Is it the responsibility of the member to ask at every establishment? For example, I go to Dunhams all the time with my son and who knows how much I could have saved already had I known they honor memberships... :bash:
Snow4[/b]
As a person who has managed hotels for 30 years I feel the AAA membership is a great program and you will discover most hotels will offer a discount, but you have to ask. The reason they do not ask if you are a member is they will have to offer the discount. I know what you are going to say but, why offer discounts if it is not necessry. Look at it like buying a car. Do you think the dealer is going to offer you every single discount available? No he is not.
Join AAA it is a great program but always remember to ask for your discounts. You would be surprised how many hotels will offer a better rate for the room if you simply ask them, "Is that the best rate I can get?" The worse they can say is "No."
You also have to remember not all hotels can be a member of AAA. You must apply for membership and be inspected by AAA annually, and it costs money to be a member for the hotel.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ive also asked for the trucker rate . Works when you come up very late and know your leaving the next morning . Like Richard said it dont hurt to ask.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I'm thinking as much as I head up north might be worth while
to get one of these AAA cards! Where else have you stayed were
they accept AAA this might just benefit all of us! :
the move! Later Dave[/b]
I travel alot and stay at alot of different hotels throughout the country. So far all of them had discount rates for AAA (Best Western, Clariton, La Quinta, Country Inns, etc.)

BTW, for those of you over 50, AARP also provides many discounts in stores, hotels, etc.
Even though I am not as old as Rev-Head :lmao: , I still am included in his membership and get a card.

Also, whe checking in it never hurts to ask if you can receive a free upgrade. Depending on the hotel and if they are not full, they sometimes give it to you.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Even though I am not as old as Rev-Head :lmao:
She's not far behind!!! w00t[/b]
OK, BUT, She's alway's going to be......"not far behind" LOL.

Do most estbalishments that are AAA friendly put thier little AAA sticker on the door or window? I'm going to have to start remembering to ask in the future.

Snow4

·
Master Embalmer
1,232 Posts
OK, BUT, She's alway's going to be......"not far behind" LOL.

Do most estbalishments that are AAA friendly put thier little AAA sticker on the door or window? I'm going to have to start remembering to ask in the future.

Snow4[/b]
The better hotels do not. In fact, Holiday Inns will not let you place stickers on their windows anymore.

Ricahrd

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Boy Richard you should be an AAA rep, I think you sell it better than my wife does :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts