Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was the guy/company that is/has a kit for the triple in a ZX chassis anyone know? I am curious on the cost and ease of doing it.
josh

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm doing one and will give you all a play by play. I should start around the third week of sept and be done in a few weeks thereafter.  I'm completely rebuilding the MXZX race chassis that's the reason for taking awhile. Chris Bondi out of Canada makes the kit that includes every thing you'll need except a air box. I'll bring back my old threads to the top for you to go through. Chris's kit is $1600 cd so about $1100 us and crank shop pipes are aroud 800 or so for the zx conversion.
I picked up a complete running 809 for a grand and the old Lapaigedriven Amsoil/Doo sponserd chassis off ebay for $1276.Chris said that you can drive a running zx in a shop and do the swap in a day.
Caleb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx caleb. I am really interested in doing this swap but it won't be until this spring. I want the winter and spring to find a motor then next summer to put it together. Hopefully we can keep in touch so you cxan give me some first hand expirence on what it involves and some tricks you learned,
thx again
josh
PS, do you think a big bore 800 with the big pipes will fit in the chassis?
josh

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yikes is right John, the thing is real fast, cant remember exactly but I thing it was going 130+ in 2000ft and still pulling!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts